SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamiedolan_gw

Anyone sell specialty Hoya to re-coop your cost?

jamiedolan
13 years ago

Hello;

I've been looking at Hoya on ebay, again. I checked out the seller that was suggested here (I'm going to look at the exchange forum also, I'm rooting some things and will have some stuff to trade soon). I also won a few auctions from a different person that had about 40 different Hoya for sale, they have 679 feedback at 100% positive so I felt confident buying from them, they appear to sell only plants and almost all Hoya. They must be fairly large due to how many varieties they have, would be very difficult for someone to raise so many on a small scale.

I would love to expand to more of these less common varieties. I am wondering if any of you have had any success with buying hoya, propagating it and then re-selling the plant on ebay later? If so, I would love to hear about it. I have indoor lighting setup now, so I should be able to get excellent growth over the winter.

Also, how fast do most Hoya grow, are some of the less common varieties much slower than the common ones? With Hosta, which I know more about, some varieties are much much faster than others. I am wondering if the same is true of Hoya. If so, how long does it take for them to grow? (just looking for rough estimates, e.g. You will barely see 2 inch a year on XXX Hoya vs Feet a year on the common XXX Hoya if they are in idea conditions)

Thanks

Jamie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville