SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maisha_gw

Hoya Carnosa from cuttings

maisha
11 years ago

Hello everyone,

I have a Hoya plant cutting from a friend and have a question about it. I really like this forum's liveliness: so many posts, questions and answers, tips...I hope to be of help here too.

My question is: This friend of mine inherited a large hoya carnosa plant form her grandmother. This plant, horizontally covered at least 6ft area in my friends bedroom. Last year in June-July the plant flowered for the first time, many many blossoms: the plant looked wonderful.

Now I got two cuttings from this mature plant and potted them in the same pot.

It has been about a year now and the cuttings have grown a lot. New branches have emerged and one very long tendril which just keeps growing. The pot is filled with roots as well. It gets a lot of sunlight everyday.

I know that Hoya's take a long time to bear flowers, but what about my cuttings which are from a mature plant, would it also take a while?

Secondly, this tendril I mentioned,sometimes it is upright a couple of hours later the tip is curled up then by evening it is leaning to one side,,,so basically it moves a lot!

How important or necessary is it to provide support for this tendril. If I were to provide a trellis for example would it help my plant grow faster or any differently?

Thanks very much for your answers, I look forward to them,

Have a nice day,

Maisha

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living