SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sight_gw

New to Hoya's; Questions and comments about 1st plant

sight
15 years ago

Hello everyone,

This forum came very highly recommended by everyone i talked to. So i wanted to post my first plant; a hoya imperialis. And make sure i got the right thing lol. And also had a few questions as far as care.

Here are some pictures. If you need to see more to tell me if i got the right thing, just let me know.

{{gwi:971004}}

{{gwi:971006}}

{{gwi:971008}}

Right now im home for the summer. But come fall i will be back to college, and it is coming with me if it is still alive. How will it handle the change of location?

Will keeping it restricted to a smaller pot inhibit it from flowering? i only have so much space in my apartment.

Can you trim back the vines IF they get out of control? without life threatening trauma to the plant?

As far as watering, i have read that they are a little sensitive to how much they get watered and was wondering advice as far as how much to water and how often?

After it gets established i plan on giving it a little fertilizer and was wondering if there is a recommended one for this type of plant?

Can you train the vines to do what you please. Such as with fine copper wire? or something of the nature?

Comments (14)

Sponsored