SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dmichael619

July 2011 hoya flower show!!!!

dmichael619
12 years ago

I've got some exciting new pics to share with you all. These were all taken today. I should have some first timers open any day now and one in particular I absolutely can't wait to see and GG knows which one i'm talking about!!! The buds are ready to pop!!!!

Up first is cv. Optimistic which is in the eriostemma section of hoyas. I have found these particular hoyas to be rather fast and easy growers but difficult to bring into bloom. I have had several of them for over 8 years now with no flowers.They prefer to grow in very bright light to direct sun and do not like being moved around at all. I think this one has only been able to come into bloom because of where it's situated in the gh it gets direct sunlight most of the day where as the other eriostetmmas I grow do not.This particular plant currently has about a dozen peduncles on it with open flowers.

H. kerrii

H. acuta "Borneo" I don't really know much about this one other than I won it on Ebay a few years ago and the person I got it form didn't know much about it's history either. It has snow white flower and these are just starting to open.

H. lobbii (orange flowering clone)

H. micrantha

H. heuschkeliana (yellow) if you love the smell of hot buttered popcorn and you do not grow this hoya, GET IT!!!! It smells exactly like a big bucket of buttered movie theater popcorn!!!

H. DS-70

H.NOID from Paul Shirley. I lost the tag with the ID number for this a few years ago and have no idea what it is.

H. obovata

The next 2 shots are of H. sp. Estrella Waterfall IML 1256. And yes the flowers really are THAT apple green!!! And they have a scent that is to die for!!!

H.diversifolia ssp. El-nidicus

H. graveolens.This one is making it's debut here!!! I probably got this hoya in one of my very first ever hoya trades at least 8 1/2 to 9 years ago. It grows like a weed and formed it's first set of peduncles about 3 years ago and even though they remain on the plant to this day they have never produced any buds. these flowers have opened on new growth from this season.

And to close out the show is H. aff cardiophylla in the process of beginning to close.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County