SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandys_garden

Do your hostas change a lot as they grow, too?

brandys_garden
11 years ago

I've only had hostas for 3 years now. So I am new at it. I have noticed, with my first the albomarginata especially that it changes a lot over the past three years. Granted, it's getting much bigger and fuller. But it seems last year, the leaves were coming in taller than they are this year? It could just be that the "bottom" comes in first and the top come in later and the bottom is becoming fuller? Does this make sense?

My 4 seedlings are changing a lot from last year, too. The so called fire island is actually yellow this year (last year, it was more of a light green color) The fire and ice seems to be coming in a much deeper green and more pronounced white this year. And the blue mouse ears colors are looking much deeper, too. I look forward to seeing all my babies reach their full glory and enjoying the changes as they reach adulthood.

But the albo baffles me this year... It just seems so different from last year. Hopefully I will be able to post the year previous and now in the same post... So the first is the last years at this time

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio