SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amany_gw

Now that I've decided to buy a hindu rope...

amany
16 years ago

They're so pretty and I keep seeing them everywhere. I'm finally going to buy a hindu rope hoya (compacta). I've been denying myself this beautiful plant because of my fear of mealies.

I'm going to start converting my plants to hydroculture over the weekend. I'll be disassembling that whole set up every three or four weeks to wash out the containers; so I should be able to give the hindu a good shower. Since I will be using clay pellets as a growing medium, as opposed to soil, showering the plant in between should be rather easy. I'll just pour off any extra water. I also keep Safers Insecticidal soap onhand.

Does this sound like a good plan to keep the mealies at bay? Gosh I hope so. Only twice have I ever discovered mealies. They were tiny infestations that I was able to get rid of right away. The experience gave me hives though.

Ok, I'm just kidding about the hives. :-) It was enough to get my heart racing though. Life was so much simpler when I was content to grow a pothos and a lucky bamboo in water with a few pebbles...

Comments (9)

Sponsored