SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trace00969

broken rope hoya......how to save

trace00969
16 years ago

Hi everyone, I broke my hoya compacta......my plant bar fell from the window, and smashed quite a few of my hoyas....**sniff**. My hoya compacta broke at the base of the pot, where it splits into two branches. One branch is about 5 inches long, the other side is about a foot long. I stripped a couple nodes and buried it in the original pot.....I noticed some of the leaves are shriveling. Maybe the cuttings are too long?? Will this root, the piece in question is over a foot l long....will it root, or should I hack it down and make a few cuttings, I just dont want to lose the "fullness" of my little 4 inch pot.

Thanks everyone

Tracy

ps. I have great success rooting hoyas in rockwool, so maybe it might be best to pull it up and root it in rockwool and put it in a plastc bag? I could get the rockwool exactly where I want it, I would just prefer to leave it where it is, and hope it roots.

Another question that is related to the same plant.....this hoya is getting pretty rootbound.....not enough to repot it, but enought that it is starting to throw out flowers every few weeks, this piece that broke, will it need to become rootbound to flower? How does that work if the other couple pieces in the pot are already rootbound??

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets