SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

How big of a pot for heuchie Georgia Peach and similar plants?

esther_b
11 years ago

I realize this is the HOSTA forum, but the heuchie forum is so dead, I'd be lucky to get a reply before I'm collecting Social Security. Besides, I know that hostapeople quite often keep heuchies and, according to some recent posts, poochies and coochies (the meowing kind).

While designing the Neighbor's Plot, I decided I really want to make a centerpiece (sidepiece?) of the heuchie Georgia Peach when it arrives from Heuchieland. I want to put it in a POT set at the sidewalk edge of the Neighbor's Plot, the beginning of the curve of the plot in front of its Obligatory Bushes of juniper. I purchased a 13" fiberglass pot of sage green which really looks like glazed ceramic. I also purchased some Miracle Gro "Expand and Grow" potting mix to mix in with some of the soil already in the plot and then shovel some of the resulting mixture back into this pot to fill it.

Will this 13" round pot be large enough to house a Georgia Peach?

During the winter, after it's died back, I will store the dormant Georgia Peach in my storage locker under the building. And when would I bring it back out?

Thanks, Hostapeople!

Comments (11)