SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maidinmontana

hoya for payment. . . .

maidinmontana
16 years ago

My neighbor has informed me she is going to give me one of her many many hoyas as a thank you for dog sitting while they are away on their Scandanavian Cruise next week. The one and only time I have been in her house I laid eyes on that hoya and fell in love. I was so thrilled when she told me I could have it in exchange for dog sitting. But here's the deal. . .

She has a sunroom that faces south which is where all of her hoyas live, and quite well I might add, I don't have a south facing window to put it in when she gives it to me. I do have two other hoyas and they are both in west facing windows getting a ton of direct sunlight. They are both doing very well. Sorry I am not an expert so the names escape me. As long as they are doing good where they are at I won't mess with them. But I am unsure as to what to do with the newcommer.

She also has it hanging and I don't like hanging plants so I plan on putting a support of some kind in the pot for it to climb on, as I recall it has a lot of trailling foliage.

I haven't asked her if it blooms and what she does to encourage blooms. All I know is the plant came from her great Aunt and she has had it for over 15 years.

Once I get it I will post some pics and I am certain I will get all of the advice and help I need in order to properly care for the new guy on this forum.

Comments (5)

Sponsored