SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weeper_11

Anyone do their 2010 orders yet?

weeper_11
14 years ago

I did...it seems that all the things I want get sold out from the people I want to order from if I wait any longer. I'm not one of those people who buys a bunch every year(I'm not into hybridizing...YET.;)), so this is a relative "lot" for me to buy.

Black Ice

Creature of the Night

Eleanor Louise

Helen Shooter

Moonlight Masquerade

Orchid Corsage

Primal Scream

Ruth Olson

Starman's Quest

Sweet Revenge

Swirling Water

I know I bought quite a few pale-pink-with-cream daylilies. But it's one of my favorites. :)

Comments (66)

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

Hi, Dani. Isn't Angelique Fringes awesome? At least in the pics? I don't have it...Yet. But I have the other three you mentioned and they are all keepers here. R Strawberry Parfait did take awhile to settle in. cheers, lloyd

• dani_plus_2
    14 years ago

Angelique Fringes looks great! I hope I can get my mitts on all of them! Mmmmmwoooooohhhahahahahaaha! Thanks for the tips on RSP, Lloyd!

• Related Discussions

Ordering seeds for 2010

Q

Comments (6)
    Uh,uh--I start reading through mine when I first get them in November. I do it with my highlighter in hand and anything that catches my eye gets highlighted. I find I see things the first time I go through them than later. I may not order everything I've highlighted but at least I won't miss anything I wanted to order. Then I get out my old scribbler and check my notes. I write my orders in there and there is always room below for comments I make throughout the summer. I also keep a list of my regulars in a file on the comp When I do order in January, first I print out my regular seeds. Then I check each catalogue for price and varieties. For me ordering seeds is almost what you'd call a 2 month process.
    ...See More

Gardino's order 2010...

Q

Comments (22)
    Mike and Tish, I have Hoya merillii from Gardino's, bought it about 16 months ago. It got quite large and very wide. Last Sept. I went away for a few days and accidentally left the plant in full sun(it was in the 90's) the four days I was gone! Needless to say when I got home the whole plant was severely sunburned! 98% of the leaves were completely burnt to a crisp! Only two leaves that were protected from the sun remained. I chopped off all but the two remaining leaves and now after 6 months it has grown back and doing nicely. I also noticed a few of the leaves that have grown are smaller and less curvy than the ones it used to have. Its unfortunate it happened, but now don't regret it since its growing more compact/smaller and not as wide, which takes up less space...which is good for me. The first picture is what it looked like before I sunburned it! Last picture is a lot less wide and more compact. Clickable images
    ...See More

Anyone started 2011 orders yet?

Q

Comments (42)
    ooh, Baileycat! Gossards..*goes green* Hurrah! I'm trying out more of his things and am willing to pay the $$ (within reason) because I'm trying to go for things with high bud counts and great reblooming to get more outof the season...and I need the winter hardiness (it gets depressing to lose so many over the winter when I worked so hard for "flower spending $$) I splurged on "Supermodel" and "Tornado Bird" and also got on LA "Lemon Parchment", Primal Scream, and Broadway Charmer,Westbourne Easter Egg Hunt and Westbourne Snow Cream . I really want Snake in the Grass, Boo! and Shark Attack ..hope they have some left! I'm trying to hold back as I also have a ridiculous amount of seedlings from last year's thinking "wow! I can buy millions of seeds for the same price as daylilies".. butmost of them are buried in small containers feet deep in snow, so I guess we'll see what survives the winter :)
    ...See More

Have Y'all Ordered Your Onions Yet?

Q

Comments (40)
    Well, I kinda like the "Lots of Love" idea. Heh. That year I had such great success with my candy onions -- actually great success with ANY onion -- I did something that I don't know if it helped or not. I soaked them in Jerry Baker's "Root Revival Tonic": 1 tbsp of mild dish soap, 1/4 cup of strong tea and 1 tbsp epsom salt, mixed well into 1 gallon of water. This is from his book, "Old-Time Gardening Wisdom". I had used it to soak some bushes I was planting and instructions said up to 24 hours. I didn't soak the onions in it but about an hour. They made the water really "onioney" and I was worried I'd made a big mistake. But I set them out right away and those were the best and biggest onions I'd ever grown. I also didn't set them out till April 15, the approximate date of our last frost. We got a frost after that and I went out and covered them all. What concerns me is that sometimes the frost will cause the onions to think they've had another winter, and that triggers bolting to seed. Last year, I didn't soak the onions. I put the ones I got from Dawn out immediately, which was sometime in early March, I think. And then I planted Southern Belle Red later on. Of course it was a weird year and so hard to judge because of that. Got some decent-sized onions from Dawn's plants, but nothing like the previous year, others stayed small and a few of them went to seed. The Southern Belles that were planted later didn't bolt to seed but they didn't grow any, either. I dug them back up and will be planting them around April 15 to see if they'll go ahead and do anything. This year, whatever I end up getting, I'm going to try the soak again, and wait till April 15. I know this goes against standard practice, but it did work for me that one year. Maybe I was just having "Dumb cluck luck". We'll see what happens.
    ...See More
  • laurelin
    14 years ago

I haven't placed my orders yet, but I have several wish lists floating around the computer table already. Marietta Gardens, North Country Daylilies, G. H. Wild for a few heirlooms, more to come soon.

I don't spend large amounts on single varieties - if I spend $20 on one I'm being extravagant, so I obviously don't have the latest/greatest growing in my yard. Still, it's easy to obtain so many lovely, hardy, time-tested daylilies for a more modest budget, I don't think I'm missing out on anything. Boy oh boy am I tempted by Melanie Mason's recent intros, though - I told my DH I want to take a trip to her farm and buy some daylilies in person for my birthday this summer.

Laurel

• gonegardening
    14 years ago

I hear you, Shive...ditto here. I've only got Bridey Greeson on order...very strange and odd for me to only have one coming. I am pondering over a few, however, and expect to add at least a couple ufos. (They will probably be sold out before I make up my mind.)

Interesting to see what's on everyone's mind(s)....with some weather expected tonight, who knows...might find me on the prowl for a new one or two...

• daylilymike
    14 years ago

First order for Montfort

Chicago Ruby, Exotic Candy,Hampstead heath, Illini Jackpot
    Key West, Leonard Berstein, Love those Eyes,Luther, Midnight Oil, Moonlit Masquerade, Ninja Night, Nordic Night
    Pardon Me boy, Raging Tiger,Regal Finale, Scarlet Orbit, Sherwood Chief, Silken Touch, Soft Summer Night, Sublime Enchantment, El Desparado, Raspberry Fields Forever

Second Order for Flo and Hardy to follow.

• joespider
    14 years ago

I have about 50 - 60 plants on order. The lily auction made me do it.
    Some of the ones I have ordered are
    RED WINTER WINE
    NARROW PATH
    JUNE WILLIAMS MEMORIAL
    MINT OCTOPUS
    NO STRINGS ATTACHED
    Vanilla Gorilla
    Candy Cane Dreams
    Smoke Scream
    Twirling Wings
    CLOWNS IN WASHINGTON
    UNRULY DUDE
    CHEAP QUILLS
    FLAMINGO FLAMBEAU
    FLAMINGO LIPSTICK
    PLATYPUS PAM
    SNOW WONDER
    CRYSTALLINE ENTITY
    HEAVENLY PINK TWISTER
    JACK BE QUICK
    KRISTINA'S KURLS
    Heavenly Ghost Rider
    Fuji Mermaid
    Tangerine Twirl cupcake
    i want to order Heavenly spider monkey
    and more and more and more
    I got a big problem. I cant stop now

Here is a link that might be useful: MY WEBSITE

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

So far I haven't ordered anything this year and if I had any sense I would keep it that way. Just like shive I don't have any room! I'll probably end up getting something though as there are so many I'd like to have. Last year I resolved to cut back and gave quite a few to neighbors and our club sale. Unfortunately I ended up coming home from the club sale with even more. I have no will power when it comes to daylilies.
    Val

• running_free
    14 years ago

I haven't done it yet! Concentrating on my cutting garden at the moment (to the point of extreme) but there are more than a few daylilies I'd like to try. Easy to find many locally so for orders I'll probably add to my small spider(y) assortment. Gotta admit though, between a freebie NOID and some of the photos posted since I joined I'll be shopping for a nice 'feminine'(by my standards) type with the frilly 'chicken fat'. Just to have an oddball in the mix...LOL. Still looking forward to seeing last years non-bloomers, "Night Beacon" and "Crimson Pirate" as well as a longer bloom period on "Lilting Belle" which I purchased late in the season.

Best wishes to everyone for the 2010 growing season! It won't be too long before we've got all those great summer picture threads. Hoping to be breaking in my new tiller before April! (I've been a pessemist most of my life, worked in lawncare for 20+ years and counting, but having my own hand-picked flowers in my own flower beds of my own design? Well, optimism finally has a place in my life!)

~Wes

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

Oh I have been really bad this year! Did order a few on the LA but am sticking with a few of my key growers ( don't want them to go out of bussiness). Though I did sell quite a few on the LA to nurse my habit and happy there!
    RUFFLED MASTERWORK
    ROSES AND GOLD
    FLAMINGO PARADE
    BELLA SERA
    BELLE COOK
    TECHNY PEACH LACE
    BLUE PINK BEAUTY
    SWEDISH GIRL
    OPEN HEARTH
    WIND FRILLS
    ALTER EGO
    HELAMEN
    LAKE EFFECT
    gINNY MITCHELL
    WISTERIA
    KNOWER SPIDER
    SKY CITY
    VICTORIAN POET
    BLACK ARROWHEAD
    AND A FEW MUNSON'S and spiders
    Kathy

• Waitforspring
    14 years ago

Weeper, I've only had Swirling Water since the end of 2007, but it bloomed well this past summer--bud count of 13 which I don't think is bad for a fairly new plant. Certainly not my best bloomer, but definitely not the worst.
    I've heard other people complain about it so maybe it's one of those that isn't happy everywhere.
    Val

• laurelin
    14 years ago

RunningFree, you'll love 'Night Beacon' - it's gorgeous.

I just purchased an assortment of seeds on the Lily Auction (crosses with 'Pink Stripes,' just because I'm curious to see what I'll get). Still haven't ordered plants yet, but I think it will be a modest assortment. I sowed several dozen daylily seeds last night (winter sowing), so I have to be mindful of where I'll put all those seedlings for the next couple years, as well as which named varieties I want to use.

• running_free
    14 years ago

"RunningFree, you'll love 'Night Beacon' - it's gorgeous."

Laurelin, If the throat is half as vibrant as the pictures I've seen I'll be very happy. Cheapo from Menards, so as long as the tag was correct I'm in business! I completely agree with you on that magic number of $20 and all the great varities that get pushed down the ladder. All three of my favorite spiders that I've been posting season after season can be found from $6-15 depending on where you shop (and they're the pinnacle of my summer). I did find a dandy I was willing to justify $35 for, completely different than any others I have and an e-mail from the hybridizer informed me it would be $20 this year! (I really need to jump on that, I'm simply terrified of this month's heating costs)

However...After visiting Mr. Gossard's website and traveling beyond via the links page... Holy crap! It's a good thing I'm frugal! (Not to say I won't be rummaging through the attic for Craigslistables...)

~Wes

• nyvoices99
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    You all have some very nice ones coming in, put myself on hold right now, as my computer blew up, so lost master list of EVERYTHING, long story short my master list from here disappeared, so working my tail off to get my list up again:( not easy with snow covering my tags, but I will get it done:) anyway, I could not help myself but 2 add 2 I know I don't have Dripping With Gold & Angelic Messenger, anyone looking for great deals right now may want to check out Blueridgebuttons on eBay, I have bought from them for a few years now & can't wait to get my 2 new ones from them this spring, 45% off right now is the only reason I bought the 2.. Can't wait to see al;l the great blooms in 2010.:)Anita

• berrytea4me
    14 years ago

I've been pretty controlled this year. I too am out of room. Have no idea where the 700 seedlings I'm starting are going to get planted. For the first time I have not ordered any seeds. I haven't even looked at the auctions for them.

I did order 4 that are a little bit older ones specifically for hybridizing and because the LA was so dead they went for huge discounts.

MADISON HOLLY LACE (Kinnebrew '04)
    SEE HIS GLORY (Grace '01)
    WITHIN THE VEIL (Grace '01)
    SPACECOAST SWEETNESS (Kinnebrew '98)

And then I broke down and ordered my first one >$100. Nan Ripley's 2010 intro 'SUPREME SCREAM'.
    I figured it should do well here since she's z4 and I'm z5 plus I love that hot color in a tet uf.

• Julia WV (6b)
    14 years ago

Still waiting for Curt Hanson to update his catalog and then I'll be almost finished. Notice, I did say 'almost'. :-).

Julia

• uroboros5
    14 years ago

Just added some more...

FUGALISUS
    TIME STOPPER
    LOTUS POSITION

• tarheelbelle
    14 years ago

I was really good until last week. :) I have want lists lying around everywhere, but what I've ordered so far are:

SOLAR MUSIC
    LAST SNOWFLAKE
    MICHAEL MILLER
    FORESTLAKE RAGAMUFFIN
    LEXINGTON AVENUE
    BLUE-EYED BUTTERFLY
    MOONLIGHT ORCHID
    NORTHERN NOCTURNE
    HALF MOON KEY
    TIMELESS ROMANCE
    RED FANG
    EMPIRE STRIKES BACK

And I'm patiently waiting for Maryotts to finish updating their website.

Michelle

• fairysoapgirl
    14 years ago

I've got so many from last fall that are awaiting planting in a bed that dosn't yet exist, so no orders yet for spring '10!!

I have all my seedlings growing out this year, and they look like they are increasing as we speak. I hope to cull them this spring after seeing their habits and faces. That may leave me some room... and I hope to create a new bed for all my poor pot ghetto babies.

I got a bunch from the Regional late last fall... do those count, as I won't really plant them until Spring? :o)

Beachin' Babe
    Blue Eyed Angel
    Born To Run
    Mississippi Blues
    Persian Art
    Purple Pajamas
    Ring The Bells of Heaven
    Standing on the Promise

And some other late arrivers were:
    Cerulean Warbler
    Changing of the Garde
    Dangling Participle
    Eyes Right Jones
    Filipina Bride
    Heavenly Mansions
    Jamaican Love
    Katrina Heroes
    Linda Beck
    Piece of Sky Seedlings
    Pirate King
    Rodelinda
    Rosy Rhino
    TET Crystal Blue Persuasion
    TET Tuscawilla Snowdrift

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

I added Braided Lightning, Total Look and am doing a trade for Wonder of It All, Happy camper. Cheers, lloyd

• Edward_Kimball
    14 years ago

Lloyd, are you getting WOIA from Barry? I am trading him for it. Also, did you get Shores of Time yet because I have plenty now?

Edward

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

Yes, Edward. Barrie offered me a fan of WOIA for a fan of Braided Lightning. I didn't get Shores of Time yet as Barrie offered to trade me a fan as soon as he has extra. Thanks for the offer but I'm in no hurry for it as I got Wren's SOng instead last year. cheers, lloyd

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

On the topic of Shores of Time, I can't believe how mine has increased, Darla Anita and Alexa Kathryn also have really multiplied for me. And I don't have what you'd call premium soil.

• aunt_lou
    14 years ago

Just put in my first order with Daylilies By The Pond:

Heavenly Dragon Fire
    Inca Prince
    Indian Giver
    Lace and Promises
    Ain't She Nice
    Pink Peppermint

It was so hard to choose!

aunt lou

• weeper_11
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ooooh, Heavenly Dragon Fire - I'm definitely jealous! I love Indian Giver as well.

• aunt_lou
    14 years ago

Weeper, it was a case of--"I just HAD to have it!" lol Hated to part with the bucks but like I told my oldest son, "look what some people pay for one bouquet of florist flowers! Theses plants will give me living bouquets for years!" He didn't have much more to say on the matter.

;-) aunt lou

• Edward_Kimball
    14 years ago

I did get North Wind Curly Joe and I have since added Purple Kaboom so my order stands as follows:

Yellow Monkey (Gossard)
    Overdrive (Gossard)
    Purple Kaboom (Gossard)
    North Wind Curly Joe (Schaben)
    Vision of Glory (Benz)

Edward

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

I have a few from the auction, and I ordered a couple from Bill Maryott. His do so well here, and I had my eye on one of his seedlings and he introduced it this year. It is Winner's Trophy, and I love the look of it. I also gave up and ordered Margo Reed Indeed.

I haven't decided which ones I am ordering from Springwood yet, but I can't order many or I will have to do yet another new bed...which I don't plan to do.
    kay

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

I added a few more. This should be it! LOL. My first Linda Agin...Lochan Nicole Agin, Fancy Border, Believe In Magic, evelyn Kloris, Feliicia Grace, Front Porch Swing, Spacecoast Spice Girl and Shores of Time...cheers, lloydI couldn't resist picking up a doulbe fan of Shores of time for $10.00...doing the happy dance. cheers, lloyd

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

oh Shores of Time is a beauty, you can never have too much of that one! Kathy

• aunt_lou
    14 years ago

oooooohhh--Shores of Time sounds wonderful! I'll have to look that up but am about at my limit for the year. Everyone here speaks so highly of Maryotts that I peeked over there and ordered these:

Tuscawilla Snowdrift
    Old Time Memories
    Primal Scream

I LOVE that Hot Lava but have to hold off on that one for now. [sigh]

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

I just ordered Primal Scream! Shores of Time is a great rebloomer here, opens well. I am in z6 with cold winters,snow cover. Does great!
    Kathy

• rosebacopa2
    14 years ago

Kathy,
    Where did you order Primal Scream from?
    Thanks!
    Lynn

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

A final addition to my 2010 orders of Crazy Ivan, Gary Colby, Grandma's Smile, Midnight Heat, and Shirley's Romance. That's it, I think I'm finally done. Of course we all hope for gift plants for great surprises. Hope everyone gets terrific Gift plants this year, Hurry spring, lloyd

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

Now I am done!
    have these coming yet for spring and have promised myself I would not look anymore. Got some good deals on these
    Cindy's Tie Dye by Scott
    Clothed in Glory at 6.00 I could not say no anymore!
    Rapid Eye Movement
    Eyes Right JOnes
    a few Maryott intros and
    Crazy Ivan
    Dancing Rainbow
    Special Candy
    Precious Candy
    Wizard AT Large
    Just Fabulous ( have Gavin Petit and this one will look mighty nice beside it)
    Lycean
    Lies and Lipstick
    baby blue eyes
    sea urchin
    UNFOLDING RAPTURE
    CIRCLE OF FIRE
    SEAL OF APPROVAL
    startle
    COMING UP POSIES
    ANGEL HEART
    DELTA BLUES
    DANCING RAINBOW
    WEST COAST BLUES
    NEON RAINBOW
    JANE TRIMMER
    LAVENDER BLUE BABY
    AND A FEW MORE Needless to say I won't be doing any orders for fall this year. I am excited for spring this year!

Got primal scream from nrb44 on ebay 20.00 I think

• bluenosens
    14 years ago

Oh, my dreamingdaylilies. You are going to as busy as me digging new holes in the garden. Some great choices.You'll love Primal Scream. It really grabs your eye. Wizard At Large was one I seriously looked at but grabbed Grandma's Smile instead. I'm already looking at what old Dl's will be lifted and removed for the new plants. Rotate, rotate..LOL..cheers, lloyd

• Edward_Kimball
    14 years ago

I added another. I got a good deal on Wren Song: a fan for $10.

Edward

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

Aunt Lou, you will love those from Maryott, and dreamingdaylilies, what a GREAT list you have coming.
    My order from Maryott,
    Eye of Excellence
    Eyes on the Prize
    FASHION POLICE !!!!!
    Francois Verhaert
    Wheel of Time
    Speedo,

Then MORE from the auction
    Celestial Shore
    Swan Angel
    Wizard At Large
    Watermellon Taffy
    Sanford Star Search
    Maseilles Watercolor
    Spacecoast Two Eyed Jack
    Fractal
    Elisa Dallas
    Intergalactic Interlude

Then as if it couldn't get any better I won that contest!
    So from that I have coming from Delano's Daylilies
    Area Fifty One
    Lord Vader
    Metrosexual
    Maple Leaf Forever
    Martha's Good Thing
    Glamorous Mouse
    Spring can't get here soon enough, this snow is starting to finally melt. Hope it is gone by April !!
    Cindy

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

Cindy
    Abundant daylilies? I am still hard at it trying to win some of those!

Nice list!

• Cindy zone 6a
    14 years ago

Yes, most of my auction wins have been from Abundant. I bought from just one other seller. Keep trying, I have found that a few more that I am looking at, along with many others keep coming around again. I think I will stop looking at the auction ( Yeah, right !!!! ) about mid March, if I don't have what I would like by then, well , there are so many others !!! I have my new arrivals, all plotted out, with great locations, then Lloyd, has to go mention gift plants!!! That is always so great, I need to set aside room for those> Maryott always send great bonus plants, and Marietta had also sent bonuses before. The one seller from the auction did say she was sending a bonus plant too. I am running out of room and will also have to start rotating, or increasing the pot ghetto.!!! cindy

• cody_mi
    14 years ago

i just have a couple coming this year. as of right now this is the list. i'm sure i'll add more before all is said and done. hopefully can work out a few trades later on.

Cup Of Cold Water (emmerich 2010)
    Fearfully and Wonderfully Made (emmerich 2010)
    Via Dolorosa (emmerich 2010)
    Seedling 079176 (i'll be naming this one)
    Seedling 07988 (i'll be naming this one too)
    Deep Dark Secret (davisson 2010)
    Silver Sword
    Song Triumphant
    Euromazing
    Heavenly Starfire
    Eight Miles High
    Thin Man
    Malicious Rumors
    No Greater Love
    Spacecoast Behavior Pattern
    Azure Wings
    Tet Lavender Blue Baby
    Itza Pink Teddy
    Seabisquit
    Coral Eye Shadow
    Midievel Amulet (Evick 2010)
    Zuberi (evick 2010)
    Water Drop
    Texas Blue Eyes
    Ninja Storm
    Michael Bennett
    Julie Newmar
    Joan Derifield
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Inky Fingers
    Desert Icicles
    Grey Witch
    Butterfly Cove
    Barcode
    Spacecoast Freaky Tiki

• floota
    14 years ago

Well, at least you have made a list. I have put this off for a long time, as I'm afraid to find out exactly how many new ones are on order. How bad is that?
    I'm hoping that when they arrive, that I'll have had a chance to dig out and mail the orders of plants which are leaving here, and that maybe the stars will align correctly so that there will be enough room to plant the new ones. Ugh!! We'll see how my "Ostrich putting head in the sand - avoidance technique actually works out by May 1st! : -)

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

dlpsych , I am going to keep trying but am noticing some are not getting bid up as much. I got from Mark before and was happy. Really bought from most on the La and have never been unhappy yet, some send bonuses , some don't but I don't care about that so much.

floota, How bad is it? Sounds about normal, really I am not telling you guys how many I have coming really! You would think me insane, though I do sell my older ones to buy newer cultivars . Somehow you will find the room. What I hate is all the digging I am gonna have to do, I dread it as I know I am gonna be hurting for days> but in the end when they are all blooming I will think, that it really was not that bad!~
    Kathy

• ozzysboy
    14 years ago

Roughly 30 new plants from the LA, and (embarrassingly) I haven't tallied them, so I'll just recall the ones I ordered from dealers:

Art of Illusion
    Belief in Vein
    Belle of Ashwood
    Bubble Yummin Mama
    Calming Effect
    Caribbean Anne McWilliams
    Cinderella Sue
    Evelyn Gates
    Forsyth Red Eyed Whopper Stopper
    Geneva Grape Escape
    Got Milk
    Heavenly Blues
    Hogwartz Express
    Nile Jewel
    Peppermint Treat
    Plum Delicious
    Rainbow over Georgia
    Wide Awake

• lisa_3
    14 years ago

I usually order later in the year but did order a few for spring.
    Sedona
    Sunday Sandals
    Ledgewoods Firecracker
    Picotee Rippled Ruffles
    Punxutawny Phil
    Happy Halloween
    1/2 from Maryott (plan on making larger order with them in the summer) and 1/2 from Singing Oaks Garden. Have an annual plant sale and Dad's garden tours to get through before I can do too much!
    I would like to put in a word for Swirling Waters though! It does well at my house and while it doesn't have a huge bud count, I've never had problems with fading blooms they are always a deep rich purple.

• floota
    14 years ago

Dreaming daylilies, it's even worse than I thought! Finally got up the courage to make a tentative list of markers needed from AAA. This is SICK!!
    Here are some of them:
    PERFECTLY HAPPY
    CLOWNS IN WASHINGTON
    WANDA EVANS
    ICE WATER
    PALE BEHEMOTH
    RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE
    COSMIC KALEIDOSCOPE
    MARTIN BLONDEEL
    CAPTAIN AMERICA
    MISS PIGGY
    GREEN INFERNO
    GREEN THROATED ROBIN
    BELLA NOTE
    FUNKY BLUES
    JOHN EUCHLER
    ELFIN MAGIC
    CAESAR AUGUSTUS
    HYACINTH MACAW
    CRADLE OF BETHLEHEM
    DESIRE OF NATIONS
    MOUNT ARARAT
    JERRY HYATT
    JELLYROLL MORTON
    BLACK FALCON RITUAL
    This many daylilies will have to be dug up in order to have room to plant any of these. Ugh!!

• nikki42
    14 years ago

Completely out of space so no newbies for me this year----previous ones are establishing nicely, although I think I may have lost some of the (luckily cheaper) ones that I tried in the ground due to our unusually cold winter. Mainly I grow in very large pots as the ground where I live is VERY poor---dry and stony and only a few inches deep on top of a stone shelf so only especially hardy ones go in the ground for lanscaping alongside hardy geraniums.

I have LAKE EFFECT, the first year I was not impressed at all, I thought the colour was FOUL, but last year it was really nice and is coping well with British weather (much better than I am) so it is one worth keeping for a few year even if you don't like it initially.

• nikki42
    14 years ago

Hi daylilymike,

Only just noticed you have SOFT SUMMER NIGHT in your list---you are going to LOVE it---it is a gorgeous daylily!

• dreamingdaylilies
    14 years ago

Floota
    That is not too bad! I love Cradle of Bethlhem.

I have Lake Effect got it in the fall and stumbled on to a great deal so bought another clump. I have mine beside Lavender Heart Throb which I adore. Never saw a picture of that one online that did it any justice yet.

• mitanoff
    14 years ago

ok. . .am hyperventilating just a tad. . .
    I ordered a few of Norris's plants. Nothing new, all from his older intros, but I've never spent that much on just FLOWERS before. Took me 5 days to place the order once I figured out the total cost. Ack. I swear, if Canada post holds my parcel at the border I'm gonna cry.

• nikki42
    14 years ago

OOPS----I ordered some, only 3 though and a bonus so not too bad. Scatterbrain is to replace the plant that flowered last year after a couple years of waiting and it WASN'T Scatterbrain.

The others are Intricate Eyes, Patterns and a piece of an unknown spidery which can be seen on the UK Site "Pollies daylilies" titled "UNKNOWN SPIDERY"! :-))

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert