SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ines_99

Exotic Angel 'Hoya nummularioides'

ines_99
16 years ago

Home Depot in Cherry Hill New Jersey had 3 large Exotic Angel hanging baskets of Hoya nummularioides today, not sure if this is a new variety for them, if not, it is certainly the first time I've ever seen it. It is labeled Hoya carnosa "Green Leaf" but it is definately nummularioides, the common version, not the one with the red tinged leaves that starts blooming in August. They looked very healthy and robust!

I find nummularioides to be an easy hoya to grow, very forgiving of any abuse and quick to bounce back - my full size plant was in horrible, over-watered shape when I got it, and within a few months it was gorgeous. This is definately one of my favorite hoyas, love the leaves and the growth habit and it has the cutest, teeniest little flowers.....so sweet!

I didn't buy it - though I wanted to - because I didn't have enough money on me....besides, I already have two, one full plant and a small one growing from cuttings CB sent me last spring, so it isn't like I really NEEDED it...do I really "need" any of my hoyas??? Of course, if I had had the cash, I would right now be playing musical hoyas, shuffling all my plants around trying to make room....

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH