SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julias_gw

Warning about shady Thai eBay vendor 'Areya'

julias
14 years ago

Hey everyone,

Just a heads-up about an eBay vendor going by the name "Aleya Garden" or "Areya's Garden."

I purchased 5 plants from this vendor. They took 14 days to reach the U.S., and when they arrived, they were all - except for H. davidcummingi -- on death's door. The stems, roots, leaves were yellow and mushy on the rest.

The vendor advertises that "mature, 16-inch, well-rooted plants." This is a lie. The H. caudata was a 5-inch vine. The sole leaf fell off en route. The H. waymanaie has 2 struggling leaves and was only 6 inches long.

He refused to replace the hoyas, and told me I'd have to send back the entire shipment back to him on my dime (shipping to Thailand is very expensive). I took detailed close-ups of the damage, but he still refused to replace the plants.He said the "stems still looked good."

This is just a warning to all you hoya heads attracted to his cheap prices on eBay. You get what you pay for. Don't waste money on him - it's a scam. Better to go with more expensive U.S. vendors - at least you'll get a live plant!!

Julia

Comments (30)

Sponsored