SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gabro14

Candle holder as a pot

gabro14
17 years ago

Hi all,

I wanted to post about a cute idea I had. I really like using glass pots/vases, but obviously it's difficult to get drainage with those (unless you can drill holes in glass, which I can't!). Anyway, I thought a good way of using glass would be to use it as a cache pot...but I wanted that see-through look (instead of an ugly plastic pot inside the glass), so this is what I did:

I found one of those candleholders (a glass holder in a wrought iron stand), and I found a plastic cup that fits right in it (well, I had to cut the top a little). The clear plastic cup allowed me to keep the look of glass. I simply poked some holes in the bottom of the cup for drainage, filled the bottom of the glass with pebbles to hold the cup up and to fill in the empty space, and I lift the cup out to water it. It's great for my smaller hoyas.

If you like the glass look, you can even do this with a vase or fishbowl, maybe just use a tupperware with holes poked in the bottom for the inner pot? If anyone is curious, the hoya in the candle holder is H. Heuschkeliana. Here are some pics...enjoy:

FRONT VIEW:

{{gwi:952551}}

SIDE VIEW:

{{gwi:952554}}

CLOSE-UP OF GLASS PART (TAKEN OUT OF WROUGHT IRON HOLDER):

{{gwi:952555}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored