SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I Recommend Charleston Harvest Late Blooming Intros

newyorkrita
12 years ago

I know some of you might really be interested in getting some nice late bloomers so I thought I would recommend the intros of Dr. Wesley Whiteside who uses the Charleston Harvest prefix. I bought my Whiteside intros from 5 Acre Daylily Farm.

Look down the list on the left and click on the one listed as 2010 INTROS 8 Valentes and 2 Whitesides. Scroll down on the right and near the end they show the two listed. CHARLESTON HARVEST RED ELF and CHARLESTON HARVEST PINK. The pictures are not very good but ignore it. I have both of these and have shown many pictures of RED ELF. I have PINK in my garden too but it did not bloom so I don't have a picture. There are two more that I have but they don't seem to be shown on the website. Now that I think about it they weren't shown on the website when I ordered them either. They just told me about them and I ordered them sight unseen. There is also CHARLESTON HARVEST AUTUMN BRONZE which I started blooming about a week ago here and that I have posted a picture of. Then then is CHARLESTON HARVEST AUTUMN MOONLIGHT which has not opened here yet! So it is REALLY late. Those two not shown on 5 Acres.

In fact here is CHARLESTON HARVEST AUTUMN MOONLIGHT taken yesterday.

CHARLESTON HARVEST AUTUMN BRONZE taken yesterday.

CHARLESTON HARVEST RED ELF posted afew days ago. If you compair to the really aweful picture on the website you will see that it certain does not do this daylily justice.

I am not sure why only two are available on the website and not the other two but you could e-mail and ask. Late and extra late season bloomers are really fantastic to have and hard to find. I recommend these Whiteside intros to extend your daylily season.

Here is a link that might be useful: 5 Acre Daylily Farm

Comments (3)