SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leaflover76

Thank you BK

leaflover76
11 years ago

I wanted to thank you BK for saying what many of us think in the post for mislabeled hostas. I am fairly new to this forum. Only posted a few times but mostly just lurk because of the responses given by the "Hosta Experienced". I have received the same discipline for buying at a big box store. Giving the warning that if I'm gonna buy from a big box store than too bad I don't know the name of my hosta. I have also been told to just enjoy them, don't worry about the name. Perhaps I get enjoyment from accumulating different ones like many of the "Elders" do. Or being blasted by a certain bully for the questions I ask, leaving me feeling stupid. Or I have noticed that the last few posts I have contributed get little to no response making me think I have been shunned. Some of us buy from the big box stores because we cant afford those prices from hosta centers. If it weren't for those big retailers selling for $3-5 then some of us wouldn't know the joys of hosta.

After I read the post from Lovehostas titled: Im new, Hello and should I join?" I felt so bad for that person. A newbie and the first response was to blast them. I would have never returned here if that was my first response. That also is a horrible first impression to receive. The tone for this forum is dominated by the few aggressive ones that seem to be catered to because others are affraid to speak against them.

I suppose now I will receive "blasts" for this post.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH