SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

What combos do you like?

Nancy
16 years ago

I'm sure this has been done before, but I would like some suggestions. I am building a pretty good list of daylilies now. Nothing like some of you, and nothing really new, but I think I've got a nice assortment of colors, spiders, tall, short, large & small flowers, & a few edged. I'm telling myself I will not get more daylilies unless I spot one I really like, grows really well, or very different from what I have. RIGHT :) Now, I always have good intentions to plant for looks, but I'm not very good at it. They never seem the same color as in catalogs & often I'm just enough off that they can clash. I'm lining my driveway with daylilies, iris, and a few daffs, so I hope to have a long season of color. What color combos of daylilies do you like? I'm not adverse to adding other things that won't spread too much either. I just got a bunch of clearance perennials at Lowe's for a quarter ea-Sundown coneflower & Moon something of those Big Sky coneflowers, deep purple & a light colored phlox, salvia & veronicas, Lemon & oranges gaillardia, & a few others. If you have a combo that looks good with those, I'm listening! I'm just looking for suggestions.

Comments (24)