SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
don_in_colorado

'Sombrero' and Fragrant Topic

don_in_colorado
10 years ago

Hi Mocc and all,

Started to hijack Jan's thread, (sorry, Jan) instead of a sentence or two it was ready to become BLAH BLAH Fragrant hostas BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH etc...

SO Mocc, (Of course anyone else PLEASE do join the thread, and add whatever you'd like) yes I think you mentioned a Savory order coming up for you, and 'Sombrero' was mentioned. Looks like it can get HUGE, a 'Blue Umbrellas' (HUGE blue) x plantaginea hybrid, even still looks like a big blue, even after the cross. Savory's offers OS pieces for 50 bucks, or what they describe as '1 year field TC's' for 20 bucks. Yes, 50 bucks is a lot, but I'd rather pay the extra and get a big piece (hopefully) than what they describe for 20 bucks. I guess it comes down to 'Do I REALLY want it THAT bad'? and the answer, simply, is 'YES'! I do LOL. It makes me think of what Bernd wrote about 'instant gratification' when you get your plants; He likes to get them already as mature as possible, and I don't blame him. I'm not unwilling to buy younger-than-mature plants, I do it a lot, but given a choice like this, I'll bite the bullet and get the OS. I think I'd probably eventually kick my- self if I got the little one, like shortly after I took it out of the box and thought 'Man, that is SMALL! '

Anyway, then there are some other fragrants I just discovered in Savory's catalog...More to follow on this topic, as always...Cheers...

Don B.

This post was edited by Don_in_Colorado on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 20:57

Comments (17)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio