SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lightning96

Hoyas with yellow leaves: multiflora and blashernaezii

lightning96
12 years ago

I'm looking for some advice on Hoya multiflora. I thought this was an easy grower but mine seems to be failing. It is in an east-facing window with many other hoyas, all of which are doing well. My multiflora is getting yellow leaves (they turn completely yellow before falling off). It is a very small plant, it has 2 green leaves left, and 2 leaves that are on their way to turning yellow (as other leaves have already done, those have already fallen off). was my mistake letting this plant get too dry this winter? Does it like lots of water? Perhaps I should give multiflora a stint in the rooting aquarium?

I also wanted to ask about blashernaezii. Actually this plant looks healthy (overall) and is growing baby leaves. However, it also has a couple of yellow leaves. But there is a differece between this and my multiflora: blashernaezii's yellowing leaves have not fallen off, and they feel strong and as if they are still very much alive. (Whereas the multiflora leaves look like they have died).

Did I give blashernaezii too much sun? Or not enough? Or is it also a water problem causing yellow leaves?

looking forward to your input!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH