SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edj886

Hoya multiflora has peduncles but not blooming - help!

edj886
15 years ago

Hi All,

Recently I have bought a hoya multiflora speckles (plants about 45cm tall and growing). Since I bought it, which is about 2 months now, it has grown many new healthy leaves and peduncles. However the penduncles are not developing into flower buds, I also noticed the other day that the old penducles have turned brown and dropped off. The tips of the new peduncles are also slightly brown yellowish color and seems to be dividing but not fully developing into flower buds. I keep the multiflora in a shady light location, not in direct sunlight. I keep the soil moist by watering it every now and then. I read somewhere it is good to keep the multiflora in a dish of water, but I'm worried this may cause root rotting. I also fertilise it with a diluted liquid fertiliser every two weeks as it is summer in Melbourne, Australia. Also I noticed today that some of the tiny roots are exposed on the surface of the soil, should I cover this up with more soils? I have other hoyas like carnosa krinkle, lacunosa, cumingiana which are blooming profusely but the multiflora seems not to be responding. Am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored