SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilypsych

Two blooms and a new toy!!

Cindy zone 6a
13 years ago

I actually had two wonderful blooms today, the last day of August. One is a 'cheat bloom' cause it was from my Maryott order in July, and you all know how that goes. So glad I let it bloom. this was a bogo. so part of it is in a pot, I have two scapes with lots of buds on Francois Verhaert. Also Extra Special is blooming, it seems to be a bud builder, I have had it quite some time and it has never done this before, in fact it didn't even bloom last summer, and I dug it about a month ago and moved it into a large pot, cause I wanted to put something else where it had been. Then, my new toy is a camera, that my son gave me for my birthday, it is a 'garden' time lapse camera, it takes a picture once every minute, or once every 5 minutes , and so on, up to once every 24 hours. It has a flash drive in it that holds up to 8,000 pictures, I can stake it in the ground and set it at any angle, It also has a more narrow view for single flowers, or a wide lens that captures quite a bit of the gardens. I also have set it in a window, and the results were stunning. Another day I set it in the window ledge viewing the inside, I was very curious to see what Sweetums and Scaggs my two inside cats did all day while I was at work, it was so funny, and I found out they sleep alot!!! I just take the flash drive out of the camera and insert it in my computer, and it will run the 'movie' and I can save any that I want to keep in my new 'movie' folder. My son put all the software in my computer. I am having So much fun, just a blast to see what happens in the yard or in my house when I am at work all day. Also really cool to set it on individual flowers and then watch them bloom. This is the new camera set up in front of Extra Special, and I did capture the 'opening'!!!I set it up the evening before that I thought it was going to open and ran the camera all night, so I wouldn't miss it. Oh, There is Bowie, clear to the left of the camera, watching me!!!! I have caught him on camera walking across the gardens during the day.

Here is Extra Special open!!

I already posted FV on another thread , so here is just a garden shot. sigh, all this is gone now!!!!

Comments (14)