SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Weekend Blooms and the Gypsy Cat update

shive
13 years ago

Amber Finale and Royal Jester are reblooming this weekend. I still have a couple of buds on Last Chance for Romance, but they probably won't bloom till next week. Raspberries In Cream just put up a scape this week.

AMBER FINALE with a trio today.

ROYAL JESTER

A lot has happened with the Gypsy Cats in the past week.

Last Sunday we brought Cowgirl inside to see if she could be an inside cat. So far, so good. She was potty trained in less than 12 hours. Although she missed her mama and litter mates at first, she strongly bonded with my husband. She likes to take naps with him. He bought her a catnip mouse and some feather balls. She plays with those for hours at a time, and she purrs like a freight train. Cowgirl has also adapted quickly to technology. The other night I was awakened by voices at 3 a.m. I found Cowgirl had turned on my computer and was watching an educational video.

Mama Tuxie got spayed on Wednesday, and has been inside recuperating since then. Cowgirl taught her the fine points of using a potty box. Today Tux was very restless, wanting to see the other kittens. She escaped from the house for a couple of hours this morning, but was easily apprehended and brought back inside this afternoon. She will probably end up being our indoor/outdoor cat.

Here are Tuxie and Cowgirl taking a catnap.

Sammie, previously called Midnight, made a couple of breakthroughs this week. She finally came to the food bowl while I was there, and she played with me for the first time ever on Thursday night.

Columbus and Zuzu have really missed their mama since she's been inside. They saw me trap her in the carrier, and have been wary of me ever since. I attempted to bring Zuzu in the house last Sunday too. But he scratched, and howled and bit my thumb. He just wasn't ready yet.

Columbus (sitting upright) and Zuzu this evening.

I'll leave you with a look at the back of my Circle Bed, which has Shasta daisies, Turn of the Century Hibiscus, Coleus and Persian Shield to provide color when the daylilies are done.

Debra

Comments (13)