SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
puglvr1

My Very First Hoya (Pic) Very Excited!!

puglvr1
16 years ago

Hello,

I am new to the Hoya forum and just wanted to share a pic of my very first Hoya ever. I got a Lowe's $10 coupon from the florida forum , but when I went there to purchase one, lowe's didn't have any. I took a chance and went to H. Depot and asked if they would honor the coupon and to my surprise they said yes! I walked out of there with my Hoya for $2.83 out the door. I was sooo excited...

I have been reading many posts on Hoya and have always wanted to buy one and see if I can make it grow and flower (the reason I wanted it, the flower is really cool).Actually I am ashamed to say that I didn't even know this plant existed until very recently when I was doing some searches on plants, LOL!!

I was hoping to get some tips and advise from the very nice people here that grow them. When should I repot it? I live in florida and its been in the 70's here most of the time. Should I put this outside or inside next to a window? It says high light, morning direct sun should be okay? Does it look like this plant is big/old enough to maybe flower this spring? Also I noticed some of the leaves are solid green, I hope I don't lose the variegated color all together. Is there something I need to do to keep this from staying variegated? I would really appreciate any tips and help in growing this succesfully. Thanks so much!!

{{gwi:929170}}

{{gwi:929174}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting