SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
medabber

AHS Online Auction 2014

medabber
10 years ago

AHS Online Auction 2014

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! January 11th is coming soon which means that the annual AHS Online Auction will start SOON! The event will once again run for two weeks, January 11th - 25th. We have been receiving donations throughout the past few weeks and are ready to handle more. Each year I am personally excited as I see what you all have come up with in the realm of new and exciting, never before released plants. Each year it is moving to receive many of our favorite nurseries delve into their new releases as well as gardeners select from their own gardens a favorite or two as an offer. Each year, I am overwhelmed with the generosity from our many donors. Each year, I am grateful for the support and technology resources received by Bob Axmear. This event simply does NOT happen without all of these things coming together.

Never donated an item? No problem. New and exciting hosta, classic hosta that new comers will enjoy as much as you have enjoyed, hard to find collector plants, companion plants, books, garden art, all have been donated and well received in the past. Simply send me both a photo (we can often help if you do not have one) and a description including enough detail for the bidders to understand what the item is. We can work together on the write-up for clarity if need be, our experience on our end may help with follow-up questions that we anticipate bidders may be curious about. We will make it work!

We, yes, I am pleased to let you know that Joanna Kovalcsik, AKA Jojo, has joined me this year. She loves to write with a flare that I think you will enjoy, a change of pace from mine!

Any descriptions and photos of offerings that can reach us within the next two weeks helps us be prepared for the opening day, January 11th. We will continue to post items and process new arrivals throughout the two week running of the auction.

Help spread the word to your hosta friends via personal emails, forums, and phone calls. Membership in the AHS is NOT required to take part in this auction. Of course we do encourage and welcome those wishing to become a member.

Look for a link to the auction sometime this weekend or early next week. Tips, updates, clarifications, etc. will be posted in the "non-bid important news" section of the auction postings like previous years. Be sure to keep checking these since this is were any corrections are posted.

Consider continued participation this year or joining in the fun if you have not done so in the past. Simply send me a request to be added to our group mailing list for periodic updates and auction news by sending me a personal message with your email address and request to be added.

Looking forward to working with you again,

Don Dean

Comments (20)