SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackeyedgurl

Powdery Mildew on catnip indoors, HELP!

blackeyedgurl
14 years ago

I brought my catnip plant indoors for the winter so my cats will have a steady supply all winter. After battling aphids all summer (finally gone), I am now confronted once again with Powdery Mildew!

Last year when I was in a much damper apartment I encountered the same thing. The catnip came in and within a few weeks the leaves were starting to spot. This apartment is considerably warmer and drier, and still PM! (it is a different pot and gorwing media, so I don't think it is related to last year's issue).

I just noticed it last night, and cut off the most severly affected parts. The plant is small and is definately in a fragile way right now. I don't want to cut too much off, hence killing it.

Is there a food safe (animal safe) way to treat this plant to get rid of this?? Last year I had the genius thoguht to spray the plant with diluted vinegar (it kills other mildews!), and the plant croaked and my cats were none too happy!

Info: Apt is roughly 65 degrees (warmer during the day). Nip is in a West window, living with an orchid and a spider plant (neither of which are PMed). Plant is only watered when dry and is rarely fertilized.

I do have Physan 20 which I could use to treat the plant if I needed to (and I believe this is safe).

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths