SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Rita and Jean

organic_kitten
14 years ago

Rita you asked about the wrist. My wrist was not broken so badly as Jean's was. Jean, you had to have pins...I just had to immobilize mine.

My wrist has a way to go before it is totally healed, but it is coming along. I always wear the brace to immobilize it when I am gardening... and the pain stops me if I get too entusiastic.

I have learned how to mainly use the forearm, not the hand to assist with lifting. I am using the right hand much, much more than usual for me. (before the injury, I did a lot of things left handed even though I am right handed...poring water in the coffee maker for instance.)

I will admit to being pig-headed about doing things I want to do. Determined sounds better, but pig headed is probably closer to the truth.

I have also learned to work smarter using tools at hand instead of brute force which may be faster but exacts its own price. The wheelbarrow is my friend.

The wrist still gives me a good bit of trouble, but life goes on, and I am accustomed to living with a certain amount of pain.

I don't know if I answered your questions or not. Thanks,

kay

Comments (17)