SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cartierusm

Roman Wormwood Cultivation

cartierusm
17 years ago

Howdy I've got some use for Roman Wormwood and I've also got a black thumb. Any help in cultivation and harvest would be appreciated. I've planted 6 A. Pontica in fairly hard soil in my front yard about 2-3 months ago. They are in full sun most of the day and get watered for 10 minutes every other day. They are perfectly green with not signs of browning on any leaves, so they appear perfectly healthy, which for me is weird. The other day I tilled the soil and sprinkled some vegetable fertilized in with it according to the instructions. I've added fertilizer before about 2 weeks ago. I guess my questions are this; for my use usually the leaves and tops which hold the most essence are used. When I've ordered it, it's described as cut dried and sifted, whatever that means. Do these plants continually grow all year long, BTW I live near San Francisco? When do I harvest? How do I harvest? Will harvest kill the plants and will I need to replant? How many times a year can I re-harvest? Thanks for the help.

Comments (11)