SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zygoteh

seed trade - have herbs and veggies

zygoteh
15 years ago

Gee whiz I'm so envious of the scope of some of your gardens! I have a small second story apartment with east-facing windows and north-facing entry/stairs. At least I'm in Florida so shade might be okay to prevent scorching. I'm not completely new to gardening but am just beginning my own in containers - tons of baby basils and sage, tiny thyme seedlings and stragglers of oregano and chives. Also nasturtiums and luffa (still deciding where to put them). I have a lot of seeds leftover of these and some vegetable seeds which got pushed aside in favor of herbs. Most of the seeds are from last year. Stored them alright in a tin. Got 100% sprouting with basil.

I don't want the leftover seeds to go to waste and also would love to get a better variety so email me if you want to trade!

This is what I have:

luffa (09)

spinach "bloomsdale, longstanding"

turnip "purple top white globe"

beet "tall top early wonder"

dill "bouquet"

chives

garlic chives

common thyme

oregano

basil (sweet, genovese, purple ruffles, lime, siam queen)

sage

fennel

cumin

What I would like:

Other varieties of oregano, sage, thyme, parsley, other culinary herbs and spices. Fenugreek. More unusual herbs like what are not sold at large chain stores, especially medicinal. Calendula, Roman chamomile, borage, comfrey, angelica, wormwood, anise hyssop, sweet woodruff. Almost any edible flowers. Breadseed poppies, too. I'm fascinated by somniforums. Herbs which can tolerate shade or indoor growing would help. I do have a nice light set up for my little ones.

Thank you!

Comments (5)

Sponsored