SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

I have been a busy bee

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I figgure you all know I have been on this digging and moving the daylilies project around here which is still very much going on. But over the weekend and yesterday, I set that aside and went back to the moving of roses projects I had started before I decided to move the daylilies (and just abandoned the rose moving). I am re-arranging the the rose bed that runs along the south side of the house. Moving the mostly Hybrid Teas because I did not like the just plan HT section and not crazy about the placings in the further section.

So I did move out 6 roses, two of which were just about dead, one was a duplicate, two I just plain did not like and one just didn't fit into my way of doing things as it always wanted to throw out long canes and grow bigger than its allotted space. I gave those to the landscaping and grass cutting crew.

I moved 12 roses and there is now an nice empty section were I intend to start putting in and planting the new baby roses I ordered weeks ago and never got to doing anything about. I still have to do more rearranging in the last part of the sideyard bed but I have really made major progress and have the moving at least three quarters done.

Now going off to pull out some small shrubs that never made anything of themselves that were growing at the very end section of Floribundaville. I have nice new roses to plant there that are going to look much better than the shrubs that just didn't work out.

Also going back out to finish cutting back that shrub corner that makes the back of the new daylily garden in the slope. I have been watching the sun patterns and noticed that those shrubs that I haven't prunned in more than two years were blocking some sun that used to hit there when they were shorter. So they are shorter again now or most are and the rest will be shortly when I go finish.

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living