SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_nevins

rosemary leaves are looking slightly 'mottled'

Lynn Nevins
11 years ago

I've never had luck with rosemary in the past. It would always eventually become dessicated, the stems becoming woody and the leaves turning brown, falling off, and the plant eventually dying.

I think the problem was that I didn't know rosemary needs plenty of room to grow. I'd also heard that rosemary likes being 'ignored'...don't pay too much attention to it or overwater it. Well it seems to have paid off. When I got my latest plant I immediately put it in a large pot. I've also

been paying less attention to it than I do my other plants. 3 months later this plant looks really good....apparently rosemary grows slower than other herbs but nonethless I can see it's grown a bit...filled out...and all the stems and leaves are still nice and soft and green....no signs of dryness or woodiness.

However, checking the plant today I am seeing tiny indications of some leaves being a bit mottled...not a perfeclty uniform dark green color...many of the leaves have little spots of lighter green/yellow mixed in. Could that be from still too much water? Maybe I need to water even less? It wouldn't be from water getting on the leaves, as I always water at the soil line only, and even then I only water at night.

Tx!

Comments (7)