SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hey_j

Internet Scrooges at it again!

Janice
15 years ago

My son inlaw was just telling me, last night, that the FBI uncovered a source for about 70% of all spam worldwide and

had been able to interrupt their ability to do their normal bombarding of our email addresses.

However, it was also projected that they would find a way around their block and would start it up again in full force

before Christmas! Well, they have!

Here is what I received today, presumably from one of my contacts--in essence:

"hi--i hope you had a good weekend--sorry i didn't get back with you sooner but i am in England helping out with getting support for victims of HIV/AIDS and guess what--i was attacked and beaten to a pulp and sent to a private hospital! all my money and credit cards were stolen and i am, today, waiting to be released but plane fare is 2200 and with my wallet stolen i need your help! Please send me what you can by Western Union to the address below..."

All this to warn you--be aware!!! My friend traditionally forwards emails with a long list of cc. addresses exposed

or not hidden by using the bcc (blind carbon copy) option so whatever mechanisms that are out there then has access to all

of those addresses and what I think was done, was that a new account, through hotmail, was created and then all of us were

emailed as coming from her!

So, if you get anything from me (those who are in my address book) and I'm asking for money,

unless it's for hosta--ignore it please! hehehe

{{gwi:898365}}

Comments (9)