SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostasformez4

Dusting of Snow and Black Friday

hostasformez4
16 years ago

We had a dusting of snow come down Wednesday night and woke up to it Thanksgiving morning. It's still here this morning.

The hostas still aren't completely dried out so they will have to wait till spring to be cleared off. Time has run out for me to get everything done.

I, who NEVER get up for the Black Friday Crunch, climbed out of bed at 5:00 AM along with H and were at our local Wally World at 5:20 to get a GPS gaget. Welllll, They were gone(sale item, had lots of others more expensive) by the time we got there so headed over to Staples (opened at 6:00) to wait in line. I, after a few minutes, headed back to the car to wait(it was a toasty 27 degrees outside) as I didn't want to get sick before my impending surgery on Monday.

At 6 the doors opened and 250 people rushed in to find their sale items. I got out of the car and politely waited for the end of the line because who knows what might have happened to me if I had crashed the line. I had lost H so went to look for him and finally found him with a GPS gaget in hand! He had had 2 but after looking them over he gave one to the man in line behind him,(found out later that he gave away the better buy item!) I told him to take his reading glasses!!!

So, as I sit in my warm house and relive my experiences I know why I only venture out on this crazy shopping day once every 10 years!!

What were your shopping horrors or triumphs? Let's hear about them.

Connie

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County