SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
d6xkr

very strange basil problem?????

d6xkr
15 years ago

hi,

at the end of april i planted some seeds of basil in two pots that i have in a balcony. the temperature here is a little high 30-35 c/98-107 f (and is going to get higher 40-45 c/115-125 f the next two months), so i water the two pots with 200ml (a glass of water) of water twice a day (too much?). the plants were every thing a gardner would like, the plants were thriving, they were green and healthy and they are still colorful. but here is what happend, the seedlings didn't have the same rate of growth, each had his but when each one reached the second set of real leaves the stem just leaned over the soil, i mean not like a curvy shape when the plant start to die, it starts straight then it takes a right angle to its grownig direction. what is realy making this even more strange the plants try to stand up again so they take bent patterns and the stem rises over the soil then it leans partialy, then rises then leans partialy again. now the plants are curly!!! not only that, they move and change directions every day, i wake up to see them facing a direction and before i sleep they face a completely other direction and maybe have another shape of curls, as if i planted the seedlings of medusa's hair (but a little bold medusa).

i'm new to planting herbs, and i do it as hobby, so i don't know what to do, or what is wrong? so i really need some help

thanks

Comments (5)