SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicolenanette

Light green foliage

nicolenanette
17 years ago

I have several hibiscus. It is one of the primary food sources of my desert tortoises. If i didnt have the tortoise i would probably still have hibiscus. If i had land, i would plant an orchard even. I know some love roses, i do enjoy the hibsicus and the birds delight in them. I only have four simple one. Nothing fancy, but would love some that are. Ok let me get to the point.

I have a white hibiscus with red pistol and stamens. It has been getting yellowish green foliage and losing the oldest leaves. Flowers are as vibrant or full of life as they were. I read in another posting about spider mite and was wondering if that might be what it was. It was planted within 3 or 4 feet from another hibiscus, (wrong) i learned. I should have planted it further away. (have lots of transplanting to do this winter (zone 10) to get these (4) hibiscus farthr apart from each other. I did cut back nearly every branch to about 1 foot of the ground. It was about 4 feet tall. If i transplant it now, will it die becuase i already cut it back and it doesnt need any more UGH done to it. It should regain its strength right?

Also rose of sharon is a hibiscus right?

If so it is getting tall, and the limbs are falling over like a weeping willow tree. Can i cut this ROS back to half of its hight?

THANK YOU

Comments (4)

Sponsored