SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gborosteve

My garden of herbs

gborosteve
17 years ago

I'm new here and have so enjoyed reading through all the postings. The learning and sharing of information is wonderful.

I thought I'd list what I've got in my garden. Most are in containers on my back deck and get good morning and afternoon sunshine all day long. They include:

4 different Rosemary's (I LOVE this plant!)

English thyme (most used of the thymes for cooking)

Silver-edged thyme

Golden-edged thyme

Red, creeping thyme

Lemon Thyme

Lavendar

Greek Basil

Italian Basil

Lettuce Leaf Basil

Cinnamon Basil

Margoram

Greek Oregano

Hot-n-Spicy Oregano

Cilantro

Italian Parsley

Lemon Balm

Peppermint

Spearmint

Chocolate Mint

Orange Mint

Kentucky Colonel's Mint (highly recommended!!!!)

Lime Mint

Pineapple Mint

Common Sage

Bergotten Sage

Lamb's Ear Sage

Pineapple Sage

And although not an herb, several strawberry plants, tomato plants and yellow and red bell peppers (all producing!).

And one that I can't identify and its driving me nuts. I LOST the tag. I think it's a common oregano...I remember getting a greek and hot-n-spicy oregano and it seems like I also got a common. Can't tell. It's quite fragrant and lovely. I will post of picture of it at photobucket and post the link. Perhaps someone would be nice enough to identify it for me?

All are thriving and doing very well. I'm getting ready to move some of the mints to bigger pots, keeping the spearmints and peppermints seperate and planting the orange and chocolate mints together.

All the mints are incredibly fragrant, and as mentioned I highly recommend Kentucky Colonel's Mint as it's very sweet and strong. Smells just like a piece of Wriggley's gum, lol! The lime mint is in a large pot and grown into this incredibly luscious plant. I love the smell of this one too.

My most favorites...rosemary and all the mints (can't you tell?).

Comments (2)