SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darkentropy

Yellow Leaves after Spider Mite treatment?

darkentropy
14 years ago

Hi.

I recently brought home two hibiscus from home Depot. They flowered slowly and first, then profusely, then stopped. They started dropping yellow leaves, slow at first, then more and more- and one plant is more affeted than the other.

I checked pictures and the stippling is classic spider mites. Under light, the leaves looked like they were covered in white fuzz. I soaked them in the tub- which helped for a few days, then it resumed- I gave them fertilizer, and I've sprayed them with spider mite treatment twice.

I moved them outside- away from my orchid- and it's been warm- but they're still dropping yellow leaves, again at a slower rate.

Does the plant keep dropping leaves after the spider mites are dead for a few days? One plant has almost half the leaves gone- I moved it away from the plant that's doing better-but both have new growth in the form of new leaves.

I can't seem to find information on what happens to the plants after you treat them and am wondering if I have won the battle or not...

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services