SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bedebeep

should I bring my basil inside during tomorrow's rainstorm?

bedebeep
10 years ago

I'm in NYC and may have jumped the gun with planting basil. The weather had gotten warmer (60-70F) and I was so happy spring was finally here that I bought a starter plant this past weekend and put it in a pot to grow outside my south-facing window. Now I'm seeing on the weather report that it's going to RAIN all day and all night tomorrow and Wednesday morning is going to be 35F with real feel temp at 22F!!

Now, should I bring my plant back in for a couple days to ride it out? The pot has a drainage hole but I am worried about it getting drenched for over 12 hours and then being in extreme cold. I would put it inside on the windowsill of the same window it had been out in, so really just moving it back by a foot or so. I would put it back out there on Thursday or Friday, when the temp goes back to the 50s.

This is my first time growing basil (or anything really) so I don't know if that's a good idea. Would that do more damage than good? Or is my basil plant doomed already? Please advise! Thank you!

Comments (5)