SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fanatic_gw

Propagating old fashioned roses

fanatic
19 years ago

I need help propagating old-fashioned roses. I have had some devastaing problems with evil persons violating my property and killing my pets. (even w/ a 6' privacy fence). So, I'm thinking that I would like to grow rose bushes along the outside of the privacy fence to make it even more difficult to trespass. I have an old-fashioned rose bush that I just love that came with my property. It is wicked enough that I have to don body armor just to prune it back to keep it in control (lest it takes over my backyard). When left unpruned for a couple years it easily towers over the 6'fence and spreads 6' in diameter with it's thorny canes. So, while burying a couple of my pets, I noticed the rosebush (that I had pruned back once again this past Fall) and started thinking how wicked it would be if I had it all along the outside perimeter of my fence and left it UNpruned. So, now I would like to propagate this rose bush (as well as perhaps acquire other wicked varieties) and plant them this coming season in hopes that they will soon grow big and mean, and be a deterent to trespassers. Can anybody help me propogate numerous cuttings that will rapidly grow big and mean (without jeopardizing the original plant)? And, if anybody happens to have any wicked varieties that they would like to share starts of; please let me know. Thank you.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting