SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

OT:: Gypsy Cat update

shive
13 years ago

Well, my cat wrangling is starting to pay off a bit. Space Cowboy had a big breakthrough yesterday. I tried to play with him, and he actually played with my gardening glove. Then he played with cat toy that had feathers. I was so thrilled that he was playing with me, I forgot to check my Lily Auction and lost Bella Isabella. Today, Cowboy initiated play with me again. He's really coming around.

SPACE COWBOY playing in the raised bed.

I've been watching videos online about how to tame feral kittens. The tips and tricks seem to be working. Different cats progress at different rates. Here's where we now stand on the taming process.

Mama Tuxie would like to move inside. She frequently tries to get in the door. As of yesterday, she submitted to being picked up, which is a good thing since I need to pick her up to take her to be spayed SOON. She will play with cat toys and is no longer afraid of my husband.

Tuxie with Zuzu in a pot

Space Cowboy will tolerate petting on the head and under the belly while eating. He can be lifted and repositioned around the plate. And he plays with me!!!

Columbus tolerates being petted on the head, back and belly while eating, but still runs from me sometimes. He is interested in the play, and watches Space Cowboy. But, so far, he cannot be enticed to join in the fun.

Columbus chews on the idea of playing with me.

As of last night, Zuzu will tolerate being petted on the head while feeding. She still runs and hides a lot.

Zuzu meowing for food.

Midnight is the hardest nut to crack. He even has trouble making eye contact with me. He will not come to the feeding bowl while I am on the porch. Because he hides longer, he gets less to eat. I worry about him.

Midnight does not have a recent photo, so I'll post this older shot.

Thanks for reading!

Debra

Comments (15)