SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bella_trix_gw

SSE - catalog vs. yearbook - need advice!

bella_trix
17 years ago

I'm in the mist of a dilemma. I can't decide whether to order my seed from the incredibly cool, absolutely gorgeous, apparently open to the public SSE catalog (get one free from their website http://www.seedsavers.org/inforequest.asp ) or wait for the yearbook in February. I have to admit that I was a little confused about the benefits of membership when I joined SSE. I naively thought that the cost of seed from the yearbook would just be shipping and packaging. I didn't realize it would be the same (or more?) as their don't-need-a-membership catalog. Can anyone tell me what the cost from the yearbook will be? Specifically small seed, potatoes, beans and garlic. How much do you receive per order (number of seeds/garlic,etc) I really wish all this was spelled out on their website - it's a little misleading. From what I can tell, small seeds will be $3.00 each which is exactly the same as the catalog cost plus shipping. Is there any reason I should wait for the yearbook, other that to order varieties that are only available there?

I'm not terribly disappointed that I joined SSE, but I might have been better off joining in a year or two. I want to re-offer seeds, but I need a year to make sure my seed collecting skills are up to snuff. Right now, the open-to-the-public catalog has more than enough interesting varieties to keep me occupied for next year.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bellatrix

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz