SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paleo6

Crabapple Suppliers in Michigan area

paleo6
17 years ago

I just posted the following message on the 'Fruits & Orchards' forums......but thought, perhaps, the folks on the Great Lakes forum could clue me in quicker.

I want some not-common crabs. I found a wonderful selection at a nursery in Milwaukee (Johnson's) but they are only B&B, not container, not bare-root. B&B is simply too expensive for my current needs. So, I'm seeking a source in the Michigan/Indiana/Illinois/Ohio area........OR.........a web-based/mail-order house that would ship to me.

Here's my post from the other forum:

I'm looking for a supplier of container-sized or bare-root crabs in the Michigan/No.Indiana/No.Ohio area.

Heck, I'd be happy with some recommendations for good mail-order / internet sellers of crabs. Anybody who would ship any of the less-than-popular crabs listed below.

I'm looking for varieties that are not common in the big-box nurseries, such as: Professor Sprenger, Donald Wyman, Ralph Shay, Orminston Roy, Red Bud (zumi calocarpa), Birdland, etc.

If it is within that geography I'll drive over to look at their inventory. (Even northern Illinois)

Got any recommendations?

Comments (2)