SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2coy

North Side of House Plantings

12 years ago

Hi !

This is my first time posting on a garden site. I am a mostly "newbie" landscaper/gardener. I put a lot of things in the ground, move them, move them again, etc. etc. because I like how they look for awhile and then not any longer. I've taken quite a bit of time deciding on how to plant the North side of my house, the area between our house and the neighbor's. It is not a very wide space, probably only 10 feet. Our house is about 25 long. The front of our house faces east. On the NE corner, i planted an euronymous & a lacecap hydrangea. Directly behind the hydrangea, starting on the north side I put in a Japanese Pieris. 4 feet or so past that, an everblooming hydrangea, the kind that gets 6 by 6. Behind that, on the northwest corner, is bare. I am wondering how i can fit lungwort, hellebore, and germander into this plant (some of my favorite shade tolerant perennials). Also, at that northwest corner is my utility box about 5 feet up on the wall that I would like to partially cover but still allow for the meter reader to get to. Any help or suggestions would be great!

Thanks,

Kelly

Comment (1)