SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pogoduck

Huge snake gourds!

pogoduck
18 years ago

This is the first year we've grown gourds. They did really well and I'm excited about getting them dry so I can learn to work with them.

I bought a package of snake gourds showing a picture of cute little gourds painted like snakes. Thought that would be a fun project for the kids. If our snake gourds would have stopped in July they might be those cute little things on the seed pack. What we ended up with is LOTS of huge things that look like 4 foot clubs. I'm not complaining(really!), I got so many lovely gourds, even the club monsters are lovely, I just have no idea what to do with them !! I've been searching the internet for ideas, and there are some very nice gourd sites, but not many ideas on creative uses for snake gourds. Does anyone here have ideas? any sites that might have ideas? at all?

Here is a picture we took the other day, after it wsa all over and time to round up the goods:

See the snake gourds in the back? I have a few more piles just like those but got tired of stacking them up for the picture. I have a LOT. I need ideas. Thanks

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH