SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flybynyte_gw

Any suggestions???............

flybynyte
18 years ago

Hi everyone!

Hope the spring has been treating you well. Right now, this area is battling cold, cloudy, windy, wet weather. I don't think it got above 46 today.

Well, on to my question. I have an area where you go out the back door, hang a right, and follow the sidewalk out to the street. I am trying to come up with some ideas to line the pathway with a few grasses (btw, it is approximately 30 ft to the street). I was thinking of planting a tall, medium, and short grass (with the tallest being closest to the house---but, not necessarily real close to the house). I will be digging out an area along the sidewalk, oh, about 3-4 foot wide. I do have a few grasses that are already in another area of the yard (shenendoah, Karl Foerster, panicum 'Northwind', Northern Sea Oats). I could possibly work with one, or a mix of those, or, try some new ones.

Would be interested to read any suggestions anyone may have on what type of grasses may work the best along the sidewalk. Oh, the area gets just about, if not, full sun.

BTW, I live in zone 4.

I hope I have explained my situation well enough.

Thanks for your help----it is greatly appreciated!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions