SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mickandkairi

newbie pumpkin problems

mickandkairi
15 years ago

I've just started my first garden this year and all of my plants seem to be doing wonderfully, except my pumpkins. I am having a couple problems, but without pictures right now I'll only ask about one. I have 6 pumpkin hills in a straight line, all 10ft apart and 3ft in diameter with a 4in 'moat' around the base. My first hill (the one in question) has 3 plants in it, the longest vine being about 8ft I suppose.

My question!! I have had 7 female blooms start to grow so far, the biggest getting to the size of a small marble... they keep shriveling up and falling off before they even come near opening. why would this be happening?

A brief description of my other problems to possibly aid in answering my query.... slight case of powdery mildew, not enough to even be on the leaf stems. I have a strange silvering on some leaves, doesn't seem to harm those at all. Older leaves are yellowing and dying. And a curious thing, I don't seem to have any 'yielding' vines other then the one main vine per plant. I thank anyone who may answer this, I am very concerned for the well being of my new 'babies'.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County