SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laurelin_gw

Finally bloom time in Upstate NY

laurelin
15 years ago

It's taken me a while, but I finally have some pictures uploaded to share. My bloom season was off to a slow start, so I've waited until I have a handful of blooms to share. Here are some I've enjoyed:

Matt (this is his 3rd or 4th bloom - the first ones are always splotchy and not worth sharing)

Mary Todd (FFO, a true bright yellow, loaded with scapes and buds every year)

Golden Chimes (FFO, off to an early start this year)

Night Beacon (always one of my favorites)

Border Crossing (FFO, so its form will improve; one of my favorite true pinks)

Clementella (a Stella child, more apricot and open in bloom - I like it much better than Stella)

Morri (strong veining, but not as clear a pink as I'd hoped it would be - it's a little muddier than this picture shows, more peachy, but it's quite vigorous and generous with blooms, so I've kept it)

And finally, a pleasant yellow seedling - good texture and nice form, and apparently weatherproof. I have a few other seedlings blooming, mostly yellows/peaches, but they're not doing well in the weatherproof department, so they're not likely to get to stay. I have MANY more seedlings that ought to bloom soon, but I can only keep 10 or 12 if I want to have room to plant more seedlings next year. I'll have to be pretty ruthless.

Laurel

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH