SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silverwind_gw

Pumpkins, birdhouses... cantaloupe?!?

silverwind
17 years ago

My son (will be 7 this summer) wants his OWN garden this year. *sigh* I'm fine with that, but of course he wants to pick out all HUGE items. :)

He wants J.b.Little pumpkins which we had last year, another variety I don't recall but has the white pumpkins (minis as well), and he decided he wants to grow birdhouses. :)

I'm ok so far, I'll trellis if I need to but am a little short on materials. The other problem though is now my Dad dropped off some spare cantaloupe seeds. :)

I haven't grown it before, and I'm trying enough new things so far that I'm starting to worry. I don't know if I can grow it in the same area as the others, trellised or not, and I can't recall offhand if there are major requirement differences.

Is this going to be ok, or should I scrap the idea before it's too late? I'm running out of time to start *another* new bed. ^_^

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas it would be very appreciated. Also, he of COURSE wants to grow watermelons as well. I've squashed that so far- but if it will work well enough in adequate space, I might let him try one vine.

*shrug* I'm a sucker for them too.

Thanks in advance!

(And my apologies if this should have gone somewhere else. ;) )

Comments (3)

Sponsored