SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
packer43064

How long will a pumpkin last?

packer43064
17 years ago

grew 2 Big Max pumpkin plants last year. I only just got 1 pumpkin though, it is probaly just under the shape of a basketball. So it's not real big, but it was my first year growing one, so I was happy as can be.

I think I picked it around October like the beginning of the month. It's downstairs in a dark place on some blankets, and it's still like alive, like it's not falling apart or anything. I thought by like December it would be a gonner, all moldy and everything but it still lasted. That would make it, if I picked it at the beginning of October be 5 months old going on to sixth in April.

I never thought it would last that long, it does look alot different then when I first picked it but not like anything bad or anything.

Does anyone think the insides would be ok, or would it be all dried out. I was thinking since it's not looking that good and who knows how long I got left on it, That I would make a pumpkin pie out of it, just to make it worthwhile for growing it. Thnx for everyhting.

Comments (12)

Sponsored