SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

We get styrofoam recycling! And q. on Shampoo Bars...

jamie_mt
15 years ago

Yes, I read it in the paper just yesterday - one of our local furniture stores teamed up with another company to start a polystyrene recycling plant. They say it's costing a ton of money, but they're committed to keeping thier packing materials out of the landfill, and now those services are open to other stores in the area, and the public. Any light styrofoam and *packing peanuts* are able to be recycled there. Woo Hoo! We never have much of that stuff, but it's nice to know that on the occasions we do, there's somewhere to take it now instead of throwing it out. I guess they toss the polystyrene through a chipper, then another machine that melts it down into a "goo" and extrudes it to cool in hard "rope-like" things. Once they get enough of those "ingots" made to fill a truck, they'll ship it off to be made into other things. Very cool.

Other than that bit of good news...I had a question that is completely unrelated. For those of you who use shampoo bars, do you need a conditioner? I'm thinking of trying a semi-locally made (made in our state) shampoo bar to cut down on plastic bottles (I love thier soaps), but I'm not sure how that works with regard to conditioning. Anyone have any experience with that?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions