SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jmzms

critters and compost

jmzms
15 years ago

Well it seems I have a ... let's just call it, a really large mouse ... who has taken up residence in my garden. So far he's eaten the few peas I did get this year and destroyed a netted finch feeder. I saw him a couple of weeks ago...ran right past me into the compost pile. I wasn't sure of what I saw, so I didn't think much of it. But I think he's getting more courageous. The past two days, I've seen him scurry along the fence line from the feeder area down to the area where the compost pile is, and run into it.

I believe I've read on here (though I can't find the post) that this is fairly common. However....this girl does not like things that scurry, and I surely don't need any sort of infestation.

So what do I need to do to get rid of them? We have a couple of outdoor cats in the neighborhood, but they don't seem to be helping. And poison is not an option - we have two dogs who play in the backyard.

Thanks,~Michelle

PS...I live in a subdivision in a highly populated area, so a shotgun is not an option. :-)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County