SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryrecord

Moving Trillium catesbaei

maryrecord
13 years ago

I have, I think, catesbaei trilliums all over my back yard (cliff, slope, whatever). I want to move them to a designated area while I'm figuring out what I'm going to do with my yard. I figure it's probably not a good idea to tromp on them while I'm in the figuring out phase.

My questions are ---

Should I put them in the very sandy area that drains well at the top of my lot?

Should I put them in the clay that drains moderately well?

Should I put them in areas that receive runoff (I doubt it but I dunno anything about these guys)?

Should the soil be lean or rich? I have plenty of organic matter to add to the soil, clay, sand if needed.

I'm hoping shade is fine because that's pretty much all I have available.

Do I really need a bazillion of these things?

ATM I'm simply trying to identify and plant the plants that I can identify together until later. That gives me time to figure out what all the green stuff is that is growing here. I am new to GA and have no idea what most of the plants, vines, weeds, whatever are.

Now these guys may not be catesbaei but it was just the closest trillium that I could find that looks like my flowers. Most aren't in bloom yet (if they are even old enough this year) but there is one by the driveway that is and it looks like all the others so I'm "assuming" here.

Thanks

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor